Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tower Heist Review



Tower Heist to me seemed like a cool idea and one that could easily be quite funny, unfortunately I was wrong.

Brett Ratner to me is the guy who did the Rush Hour films which I like in some ways more than others. But here his direction along with what seems like a first draft of a script have put together a rather boring action/comedy with barley any redeeming features.



Ben Stiller, Eddie Murphy, Casey Affleck, Mathew Broderick, Tea Leoni. Sure I'm just chucking names at you without any context, but that's what this film did. With such a varied cast list with different types of comedy and personality's it would seem like a cool list of people. But everyone in this film is just wasted.

The acting is fine however especially considering the material there working with here. The characters are lame and present no redeeming quality's for anything to make you care.

Admittedly I did get a couple laughs out of this film but still walked out feeling like a just watched a mess of a film. Worth checking out? No not really.

Acting: 6.0
Writing: 3.5
Direction: 4.5
Production: 6.0

Overall: 4.5

No comments:

Post a Comment